Original Recipe via Bacontarian as reported.
- 4 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, chilled
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Fry bacon pieces in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels, and cool completely.
- Into a large mixing bowl, place the flour, butter or margarine, egg, salt, and heavy cream. Using the mixer's hook attachment, mix the contents of the bowl together until combined; then transfer the dough to the counter, and quickly mix with your hands. Knead in cooled bacon pieces and pepper.
- Roll up the dough into a log, to a diameter of about 1 1/2 inches. Wrap in aluminum foil, and refrigerate for 2 hours, until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove foil, cut dough roll into slices, and place slices on greased baking sheet. Brush each slice with beaten egg yolk.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until brown. Remove to a wire wrack until cooled completely.